I’m the mother of 3 who keeps all my family on a strict paleo diet and has for 3 years all while working, building several businesses and volunteering, I don’t think there is a whole lot of valid excuses for NOT going and staying paleo in any walk of life.
When people ask me what tips I can give them, these 6 things have been critical to my success:
1. COLD TURKEY – throw everything away in your house and start over. Most people cannot handle temptation and no one succeeds by halfassing.
2. Find tools to make life easy – the slow cooker, a secondary freezer, a dehydrator. Small investments up front save tons long term
3. Plan/prepare – I stock my freezer and pantry with common items that are easy to prepare when I forget to plan or don’t defrost something, or am too tired to be creative and cook
4. keep it simple – every meal is a protein, a veg and a fat. That’s it. Every time. Don’t over complicate it. You do not have to recreate past favorites ever, don’t look for fancy recipes that are knock offs of old sad versions of things you used to be addicted too, don’t eat a ton of paleo “treats” reserve those for holidays only.
5. SLEEP, Drink water, move/play, and meditate every day.
6. Know your farmers – get out an meet every butcher, farmers, small grocer, produce stand owner, etc in your area. Create an arsenal of people that make your life easier and better. Stay OUT of grocery store franchises entirely.
The key to success is finding what works for you. I’d love to hear your tips and tricks too!